Sunday, November 12, 2006

CDs: Need Title Suggestions!




From two recording sessions--July 2005 and May 2006--we have spread the pieces into two CDs. One will be hymns and hymn arrangements, and the other will be secular songs with a Celtic slant. This Thursday we are sending the information out to be printed...but we still need titles! The current ideas are "What Sweeter Music" (a name of one of the pieces) for the hymn CD, and "Highland Cathedral (another song name) for the secular CD. Please leave your suggestions--they are greatly appreciated!!!





CD 1:

Highland Cathedral
Lovers' Waltz
Salzedo Quietude (harp solo)
Barbara Allen (violin & harp)
Suo Gan
This is My Will
Dear Lord and Father
The Ludlows
You Raise Me Up
Ashokan Farewell

CD2:

What Sweeter Music
As Water to the Thirsty
I Lay My Sins on Jesus
Shostakovitch piano concerto
Jesus Paid it All
Quiet Music
The Prayer
It Is Well With My Soul
O Holy Dove
Grandjany harp concerto
Gabriel's Oboe

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hey Julie,

what are the names of the other tracks? I might be able to come up with titles for the CDs if I had some idea of the content

10:45 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

thanks Julie:

My vote for the hymn CD would be "It is well." I know this title has been overused, but it's a hymn that everyone knows, and people like to buy things that they have some familiarity with. "what sweeter music" is a nice title, but it sounds like the group is patting itself on the back for rolling out some sweet tunes.

I think highland cathedral is a great name

4:16 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

I would tend to agree with paul, now that he has brought it up...I like "Highland Cathedral" for the one, and I think "It is Well" would be better for the hymn cd...unless we come up with a name that isn't one of the track names

12:16 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

typical julie: asking for advice and then neglecting it:-) See you Sabbath

4:51 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Actually I am not neglecting the comments...

5:46 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

julie. it's time for a new post. this one is irrelevant;

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home