
This picture of the summit looks almost like any other: gusty, cloudy and cold. But actually the distant clouds represent some leftover humidity from the previous day which was a balmy 90 degrees! The week before, the park received 7 inches of snow! Very strange. Nonetheless, we relished the warm weather--and so did the black flies.

We summited on Sabbath and on Sunday we got up at 4 a.m. to view the wildlife at Sandy Stream Pond. At that ridiculous hour, I was not enthused about striking camp for an early nature walk. It turned out, though, that we saw 6 moose, several deer, beaver, and golden-eye ducks. With my wimpy zoom, I merely looked on and enjoyed.

2 Comments:
Looks cold at the top! Thanks for posting the pics!
I can't wait to do this with you!! You are my favorite one of anyone! : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home