Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sailing


Barry collecting rose petals around Whaleboat Island


Morning view from our canopy on Whaleboat Island

Through the jib (Marvelous wind, too!)
The crew!!! John demanded I post this picture within eight hours of returning. We'll see if he can leave a comment that fast! (:

On Thursday night I finished my summer class, greatly looking forward to this sailing trip. Here's the crew: Paul, Petra, Barry, John, Jenn and I. We spent Friday night on Raspberry Island--beautiful, but buggy--and Sabbath on Whaleboat Island--spacious, lush and rose-filled. I am yet again convinced that there is no where I'd rather be than the Maine coast (and with the same good company!) As I look toward the rest of my summer, this trip is like an oasis among the rapid preparations for fall...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

Those are some really awesome pictures, Julie! You have some really good ideas for interesting shots. Glad to hear the trip went well. See you soon!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

your punctuality is astounding, to be sure. I unfortunatly arrived about 36 hours after the fact, but enjoyed the beautiful pictures, and savored the memories.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

good times indeed

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

it seems foolhardy for me to post another comment, but it is ultimately necessary, as the above comment was posted by paul on my computer. He forgot to change the identity, and left my reputation to suffer charges of redundancy.... :-)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

indeed. I am grossly in error

5:24 PM  
Blogger Petraglyph said...

Julie, as I've said before, you're a really awesome photographer. You captured the mood of the weekend perfectly. :-)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Jonas: no reputation scar
Paul: Thank you for the best weekend ever!
Petra: thanks for the compliment--and you guys all made it so amazing! So glad you're with us these days...

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home