Monday, February 18, 2008

Missions Retreat


Where I stayed with a few brave others. When
the fire inside (more like smoke) died, it became
extremely cold!

Beck (Nova Scotia) and I

Kristin, me, Charity, Bethany and JD

Charity on the descent

Our study time around the tables: Landon (brown shirt
with apple computer) was our leader and the organizer
for the whole weekend. Landon shared about his year
in Guyana and showed us many video clips of missions
around the world. We had Bible studies, sang hymns,
went on outdoor ventures and ate really good food. Being
with spiritual people in the mountain air was an amazing
combination!
By the way, whoever told me Alberta is flat
is SO wrong! The mountains are about 1.5 hours away and
absolutely stunning. I must go hike them!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chopsticks on Oboe said...

Awesome! When did you do that Julie? I'll have to come for a visit sometime. Southern is extremely warm right now and all that snow makes me jealous! :) Looks like you're having fun!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

This was just this past weekend for our break. Yes, the snow is nice, but it's starting to melt. We'll see how soon spring gets here. Yes, DO come visit! That would be really awesome

3:20 PM  
Blogger Jen Scott said...

You know Beck :) Hehe.

8:29 AM  
Blogger joar andrĂ© said...

will you have time to go hike the mountains? by looking at my schedule it seems like i do nothing but studying...

11:23 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

Julie, you may want to try what I have done with my comments settings, and that is to enable the word verification for comments. It may help you with your unwanted posters. I had one myself, and immediately went and enabled it.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home