Friday, February 01, 2008

Chop Ice, Get In


The tool

The fans, teachers and encouragers; CUC in the
background

Each student took turns being the front, middle
and back position for assisted rescue

Then they got to plunge themselves in and test
their durability. This guy is Marcus. He beat this
class's record at 120 seconds.

My hair turned white at the wrong end.
I wish I knew the temperature. All I know is it's
about as cold as I've ever been.

5 Comments:

Blogger joar andrĂ© said...

that looks like a lot of fun! i remember back in high school we went swimming in the middle of january - and it was 8 degrees fahrenheit outside. don't know how cold the water was... fun times!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Amazing!

That fellow must have had incredible pain-tolerance. Did you have a way to warm him up once he finally emerged?

Did you participate in this exercise of self-abnegation?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

the warm-up was only a meager fire which hardly produced any heat!
I felt very sorry for those who went in...
No, I did not go in. I was cold enough as it was. The whole activity was for the outward pursuits class. I think I could only face it if I knew there was a jacuzzi on shore!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jen Scott said...

Wow, this looks soooo cold!
I forgot to tell you that your package got here right before we did our presentation in church, so thank you soooo much for sending that CD - I'm so happy you found those songs :)
How are you enjoying CUC other than the ice adventures? It must be nice being able to cook so much in your room. We lost the kitched to Tatianna, but Andrew and Lindsay are kind enough to let Sarah and I use theirs when we wish.
Sabbath school was alright, and special music went well... Anto took a video, and if I can ever get a hold of it, I will post it on my blog and you can have a look/listen!
Hope you have a great day! I miss you!
Love, Jen

11:16 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

Wow...that does look pretty cold.

I think I would have opted for less raiment though, if I had been going in!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home