Friday, October 12, 2007

Latest


Ziemek--the best teacher ever! He lectured three hours today on Romans 6-8 and James 1. Briefly, we must choose to put the old man to death and do it daily.


Rob (Canada) and Johannes (Germany) after a long morning...

We LOVE our new investment: 2,000 NKR
Elissa and Hannah


Johannes (Germany), Joar, Philip--my outreach partner (Denmark)
We climed a small mountain near the school on Sabbath afternoon

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Happy Sabbath.

Petra and I are busy applying for a research grant to study the impact of AIDS on widow's property rights. We'd spend next year in Malawi if we got it.

Please give my greetings to Liss, Joar, and Robby.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

Hey Julie!
Glad to hear from Norway! That trampoline looks like fun! Who's investment was it?

I think I would have liked to hear that lecture...It's a good thing to remember, by the sound of your summary.

Have a great Sabbath!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Barry Howe said...

Romans 6-8 is amazing, especially 8. Worth memorizing!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

paul: yes, I've heard a little about your plans. God will work it out for the best!

johonn: trampoline was paid for by the students, some interested faculty and random people...and yes, you would have appreciated those lectures!

barry: They are! I heard that Martin Luther read Romans 100 times, and just then, he claimed to begin to understand them.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Petraglyph said...

Hey Julie!

Martina said that Ziemeck was her favorite teacher too. I got to sit in on one of his classes, and I loved it.

Hey, is your Danish outreach partner teaching you any phrases? I'd love to have someone to converse with in Maine. :-)
Hope you have a happy Sabbath!
Petra

10:37 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

hey petra,
sadly, no, philip did not really teach me any danish phrases...or I was too shy to attempt any. It is REALLY hard!!! I have new appreciation for languages in general. (: Maybe Philip will come himself to converse with you. (:

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home