Monday, April 21, 2008

California


I've escaped the Northern climates of Canada for a few weeks...

Jenn had her Master's recital on Friday, 11. I'm so proud of her!

Our cousin, Elizabeth had her 12th birthday while she was here

Jenn's mode of transportation around USC's campus.
Sometimes she juggles 2 violins and a host of other baggage.
Quite impressive. I tried it and about ran into several people, etc.
(This picture is a false impression of calm streets--usually they're
floaded with people and little campus vehicles)


The next weekend we went to mountain church and
then hiked with Olivier, Leah, Jonathon and Pete.
It was the BEST day ever!!!

P.S. There are more pictures on Facebook. By the way, I'd encourage all of you to get a Facebook account. I was reluctant to get some ridiculous thing, but in truth, it is SO much easier to post pictures than on Blogger. (Sorry to admit it.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

which email is linked to your facebook account? I can't quite find you...

2:10 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

my aim one. Try the link I put down at "Olivier and Leah's wedding"

Let me know if that doesn't work. It's always different from my own computer. Things automatically sign in from here so I don't know you guys have problems!

2:51 PM  
Blogger joar andrĂ© said...

california sounds like a good place to be - away from the cold! i've resisted joining facebook for 2 years now... (almost) everyone i've talked with say it has become too time consuming for them!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

yeah. I know. It doesn't have to be too time consuming, but yes, I can see how it can be. I use it expressly for posting picture albums. You can post 60 at a time as opposed to labouriously selecting one or two at a time from blogger. I think it's been worth it. At first I got an account and thought I'd delete it after I was overwhelmed with all the functions. But now I just ignore them and do just photos.

That was wordy! (:

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Facebook? ugh. :)

On another note

I'm DONE! Almost time seek a more northern latitude!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

bet you're glad, jonasbarjacob.
though I'm in a lovely climate, I am far from done with schoolwork. I don't think I've ever been so pressed yet. But I can only think one day at a time. In exactly 7 weeks it will be OVER!

See you soon!

9:01 PM  
Blogger joar andrĂ© said...

hey, i've noticed you wish you could read Hanna's German blog. here's a way to do it: go to www.google.com/translate_t , then type the url address to her blog and set it to translate from German to English. works pretty good!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Thanks Joar! I'll try it sometime!
(as for now, I must study vigorously for a test this afternoon: organic chemistry.)

thank you!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home